Hi, I'm Gemma Wade
Teaching your child great sleep skills does not have to be traumatic, babies and children need to feel secure, safe and happy in order to sleep well and the methods I teach are gentle and caring, whilst still giving your child room to learn.
Why Won't My Baby Sleep?
Is this a question you ask a lot? Do you wake up multiple times because your child wants constant feeding at night, or complain that ‘my baby will only sleep on me’? Have you not had a full night’s sleep in days? Weeks? Months?
Do you feel you can’t cope with daily life because your child won’t sleep through the night or take a nap?
As a mother of two, I know how awful it feels when your child is awake all night but also how wonderful it feels when they are finally sleeping through the night. As your Sleep Consultant I will assess your child’s current routine and really get to know their needs and your concerns. I will then be able to help you implement a comprehensive Personalised Sleep Plan, specifically tailored to your baby. You will learn how to help your child to become confident, independent sleepers and in turn you will feel confident, empowered, supported and well rested.
I am based in the West Midlands but work with families from the UK and all over the world. If I am not able to visit you in your home we can just as successfully work together via Skype. I also know how difficult it is to find time in the day due to lack of childcare or work commitments and therefore offer evening and weekend consultations.
One-to-One Sleep Solutions Package
This is the most popular package, and consists of:-
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together).
- A private, 90 minute consultation in the comfort of your own home, or via Skype/FaceTime or telephone, where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan, that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support. After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support where you can email me once daily, excluding Sundays I will always aim to reply to your queries within one working day.
The total cost for the One-to-One Sleep Solutions package for a baby or toddler in a cot is £315 by Skype/Facetime/Phone. If your child is in a bed this package is £355 due to the complexity of the plan.
Face to face consultations are available within a 30 minute driving radius of Kidderminster (further distances can be accommodated with additional travel expenses– please call for details)
New-born – Get it right from the Start Package
This is a comprehensive training plan helping parents of new-borns train their little ones to have fabulous sleep skills from a very young age and can be implemented from day one! Getting an early start in establishing healthy sleep habits is a huge advantage for both babies and their parents. With this package, you will learn everything you need to teach your baby to be an independent sleeper right from the beginning. It is a fantastic gift package for new parents too and consultations can take place before or after the baby has arrived. (gift certificates available and can be posted direct to the lucky couple if required) It consists of:-
- A private 60 minute telephone or in-home consultation. We will discuss how to establish a healthy sleep plan for your new-born, discussing sleep needs, schedules for feeding, naps and bedtime, how to help teach your baby the difference between day and night, creating the right sleeping environment, strategies to encourage sleep, when to expect your baby to be sleeping longer stretches, and common sleep issues that can be easily avoided.
- A detailed sleep plan. If you are expecting, the gentle, caring techniques in your sleep plan will teach you how to create an independent sleeper from day one, and will give you a flexible guide to quickly bring some routine, when baby arrives, to a time of your lives which can otherwise become quite overwhelming. If you baby has already arrived, your sleep plan will be fully customized for your family.
- One follow-up phone call. If you are following a sleep plan from the beginning then you will find your baby is naturally developing wonderful independent sleep skills, you may find you have some questions so we will schedule a telephone call within 2 weeks of the baby’s birth just in case (if you are expecting) or within 2 weeks of consultation (if you already have your baby at home). These calls typically last about 15 minutes.
- Two follow-up e-mails I will give you my personal email address so you can email me on two occasions with any questions or concerns any time within the first 3 months of your baby’s birth or our consultation. After 3 months you can purchase another week of email support at any time should you need it .
The total cost for the New-born – Get it right from the Start Package is £145 By Skype/Facetime/Phone
Face to face consultations are available within a 30 minute driving radius of Kidderminster, (further distances can be accommodated – please call for details)
It is not uncommon for babies and toddlers who have been taught to be great sleepers to ‘test the boundaries’ from time to time. This option is for parents who have met with me in the past, but are looking for a ‘refresher’. This is a popular option for past clients who have recently had a new baby – or who are expecting in the near future. It consists of:-
A private, 60 minute consultation, usually by phone or by Skype, during which we’ll use to discuss any particular challenges you are having with your child. Since we’ve already worked together, a full hour is usually more than enough time to cover all your questions and concerns.
Optional 2x follow-up emails that you can use to send me any additional questions that might come up as you get things back on track. I’ll aim to respond to your email within one day.
The total cost for the Refresher Package 60 minute consultation is £95, with 2x optional emails £125
This personal support package is for those who want me at your home (in the Kidderminster area) for assistance on the night you choose to implement the program. Further distances can be accommodated – please call for details This consists of:
A preliminary evaluation This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll complete prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together.)
15 minute phone consultation to discuss details of the overnight support- time,requirements etc.
Private In-Home/Overnight Support I will join you prior to your child’s recommended bedtime and stay overnight until 7:00 am the next morning. The consultation will take place in the comfort of your home and we will begin your journey to great sleep together.
A detailed, fully customized sleep plan This will be prepared for you after our consultation and after the nights stay so you have your own personalized plan to help guide you through the upcoming nights.
Four follow-up telephone calls Four phone calls, typically lasting 15 minutes, can be scheduled for the first week following the consultation. We’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
One week of e-mail support After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support if any questions arise. You will have my private e-mail address and I’ll respond to your emails within 1 business day
The total cost of the Overnight Package is £995